How to Adopt!
If you have found a furry companion at “The Cat’s Closet Cat Lounge” and you are interested in adoption you may visit the Shelter during operating hours and fill out an application for your animal. The volunteers and staff will assist you in the process of your application and discuss the adoption counseling and paperwork!
The Animal Shelter is open for visitations Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 12-4 and Saturday, Sunday from 12-3.
During your visit to the shelter, you will be able to view all available animals and visit/adopt animals that do not already have applications. Applications are processed in order that they are received by our adoption staff.
If you are unable to visit or require a discussion with a staff member prior to adopting, consider filling out the adoption form below.
Bloomington Animal Care and Control is committed to providing the public with healthy, family-friendly animals at a reasonable cost. They are also committed to finding loving, caring, lifelong homes for one hundred percent of their adoptable feline companion animals.
● Cats under five years: $75.00
● Cats five years and older: $55.00
● Senior to Senior Adoption Program: Senior citizens 60 years of age or older can adopt a senior animal 5 years of age or older for half price - $27.50!
● Working/Barn Cat adoptions - No Fee!
**The above listing of standard adoption fees are set to recoup a very small percentage of our expense. Additional donations are welcome!
They accept Cash, Check, Debit and Credit Cards (Visa and MasterCard). These fees include the following services:
● The first round of age appropriate vaccinations, including de-worming
● Feline Leukemia/FIV testing for cats
● A free office visit with any veterinarian in Monroe County
● Microchip identification for cats
● Spay/Neuter surgery for all cats
● A temporary cat carrier
For additional questions or concerns, please visit the Bloomington Animal Shelter’s official website: https://bloomington.in.gov/animal-shelter